OT: Last Night of the Proms

Canada doesn't require one to revoke other citizenships. He was a Romanian

Nick

Reply to
Nick Odell

In message snipped-for-privacy@mid.individual.net>, Rod Speed snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com writes

But do you know (of) anyone who has got what they thought they were voting for?

[Actually, if some of James o'Brien's Brexiteer in-phoners were to believed, they voted to leave in the sure and certain knowledge that they could well be worse off - and a few said they wouldn't really care if they lost their job.]
Reply to
Ian Jackson

Keep your rabid opinions to yourself and sling your hook. Bloody wog.

Reply to
Pomegranate Bastard

Seems the flags etc were dished out by musicians protesting that Brexit had made things very difficult for them - as regards working in the EU.

So yet another big earner for the UK messed up by Brexit. The list goes on and on.

Oddly, it was all sweetness and light that Brexiteers promised us. But then they all seem to be as stupid as Doom.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

I got what I was voting for, namely not to be a part of a failed bureaucratic political experiment.

Reply to
Tim Streater

It seems it was a crowdfunding affair. See

. "The flags were very visible on the TV and got reported by the media not just in the UK but other European counties (sic) as well."

It was so well supported that they have made, so far, £1651 from 84 supporters. That's taken only 6 weeks! If that's a sign of success, I wonder what would be considered a failure. Still they're planning to do the same at the 2022 proms, it appears.

Reply to
Jeff Layman

That emerged in the Sunderland Factor, it isn't 'news' at all!

Reply to
Spike

AOL/WHS/+1

Reply to
Spike

And Texas still thinks it is a 'sovereign country' :-)

Reply to
Andrew

People under a certain age were excluded from voting. That was wrong when people over 85 were allowed to vote (and mostly did vote).

It would have been fairer if the parents or guardians of every child under the voting age was given one extra proxy vote per child and allowed to vote for them. This could have benefited either side.

Reply to
Andrew

A Scottish 'yes' result would be soon followed by a similar demand from Shetland to be independent. They are closer (geographically and culturally) to Scandinavia than the Picts. The also have most of the oil.

Reply to
Andrew

Few of them actually from London of course, just concentrated there.

Reply to
Andrew

???. All the flags of a similar nationality were identical.

I saw a few wearing EU 'headgear' but that's it.

Reply to
Andrew

Yes but if she had lost, the BBC would let us all know what her background was.

Reply to
Andrew

And to take back control? Where now, apparently, our borders are open to any old EU import, but theirs closed to ours.

Sounds to me like we've given control to the EU. Instead of being at least partially in control before.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

It was more than a few.

Reply to
JNugent

What *are* you talking about?

How about persons claiming to be pregnant?

And if such a person claims to be having quintuplets...?

Reply to
JNugent

In message snipped-for-privacy@davenoise.co.uk>, "Dave Plowman (News)" snipped-for-privacy@davenoise.co.uk> writes

When it was announced that, for the moment, we were still not going to start checking EU imports, I heard one commentator say that the UK's official reason was because many EU exporters hadn't prepared themselves for doing the additional paperwork required for what is, for many, a minority market. Another comment was essentially that, for some exporters, it was probably too much bother, and if the UK insisted on it they might simply stop exporting to the UK.

Reply to
Ian Jackson

and I have a friend who used to export small items to the EU. He's lost that trade because of the paperwork involved.

Reply to
charles

In message snipped-for-privacy@candehope.me.uk>, charles snipped-for-privacy@candehope.me.uk> writes

I've constantly been saying that it's the small traders who are going to be worst hit by Brexit (and about whom we may hear little), while the 'big boys' will have all the resources required to deal with the additional bureaucracy, and (if we're lucky) about whom we're going to hear triumphant reports of vast expansions.

Reply to
Ian Jackson