OT: Last Night of the Proms

Anyone else notice how the BBC packed the audience out with EU-flag waving quislings/placemen/stooges, just like they do extreme Lefties in Question Time?

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

S'funny: I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary on my wireless set. The commentator mentioned that a Latvian flag was flying whilst accordionist Ksenija Sidorova was playing and that some of her friends were in the audience.

Nick

Reply to
Nick Odell

It wasn't just flags. There were banners strung along the balcony fronts and a lot of people wearing berets (or similar) in EU colours and designs.

Reply to
JNugent

Yes, it seemed more than a little incongruous at what is a quintessential British event. Perhaps this should have been played for them last night:

Jeff Layman

LOL

Reply to
Spike

Do you see conspiracies in everything you see by any chance? If you see a herd of cows, how do you tell which are the communist ones? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

I see he's foaming again.

Reply to
Bob Eager

If it's any consolation, the same shadowy organisation also tries to pack out diy newsgroups with right-wing nut-jobs. :-)

#Paul

Reply to
#Paul

The red polls, obviously.

Reply to
Custos Custodum

Yeah, it's even worse at Glastonbury.

Reply to
Custos Custodum

That's easy. It's the ones with the lizard eyes, innit?

Nick

Reply to
Nick Odell

Why would they need to? Those with better education were more likely to support remaining and I suspect also are more likely to be promenaders. They won't have changed their views just because a small majority outvoted them at the referendum.

Reply to
nightjar

Bloody foreigners and their collaborators shouldn't be allowed to hijack our patriotic celebration of British Nationhood, by jingo! Handing out free starry berets at the door of the Albert Hall is tantamount to distributing subversive propanda leflets.

Reply to
Fruity Nutcake

Oh come on, be reasonable.

There was just SO much of it that it *has* to have been organised. That it all by happened at random would be the hard story to swallow.

OTOH, the majority of the audience with their union flags and banners and red, white and blue accessories were just doing what the LNOTP audience has always done, and it had nothing to do with contemporary politics.

Reply to
JNugent

Well it doesn't take /much/ organisation to spend a couple of hundred quid on blue berets and sticky gold stars ... dish them out among your party and anyone else who's got an EU flag with them ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

To judge from the number of different national flags usually seen at the Last Night of the Proms, it is merely a celebration.

Wearing them is entirely voluntary, but it does send a message to the Brexiteers that winning the referendum does not mean they have convinced the (almost) half who voted against.

Reply to
nightjar

So it was organised.

And as many would see it, cynically organised in order to hijack a cultural event which has absolutely nothing to do with the obsessions of the Remainers.

Reply to
JNugent

For what possible good purpose?

Everyone who is remotely interested knows what the referendum result was, almost to two decimal places. Harping on about a lost political cause during an event which has nothing to do with politics is pretty poor behaviour.

Reply to
JNugent

And he's reached depths of stupidity extreme even for him.

It's the Albert Hall that sells the tickets - nothing whatsoever to do with the BBC.

But I'd guess if he saw an EU flag at the cup final on the BBC, it would be a BBC conspiracy...

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

Quite. Youngish intelligent well educated Londoners voted remain overwhelmingly.

Doom, being non of those, voted leave.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News