OT - if you don't use it for 2 years you don't need it

Needed to shape the edge of some MDF the other day and so got out my B&D router.

Then I realised that the last time I can remember using it was 2003/2004.

Well, I knew it would come in useful some day!

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David.WE.Roberts

When I realised I hadn't used my router for 3 years, I made a clamp-on bracket to fit it onto my lathe as a toolpost grinder... Used a bit more frequently since!

Dave H. (the other one)

Reply to
news.virginmedia.com

In message , news.virginmedia.com writes

Umm.. grinding grit doesn't do the slides much good:-(

Reply to
Tim Lamb

I have the same thing with meccano bits. Fixed the curtain rail with it over Xmas.

brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

In message , Brian Gaff writes

90% of the stuff in my garage is rubbish. The difficulty is knowing which is the 10% I should keep
Reply to
bert

That's simple - whatever you throw out! ;)

Reply to
Lee

I had to think about that :-)

Reply to
bert

Agrred - but when grinding it's covered with an oily bedsheet and anyway has Posh aluminium way covers built in so you can't actually see the ways...

Dave H. (the other one)

Reply to
news.virginmedia.com

En el artículo , bert escribió:

And you'll find a use for it when the bin wagon's turned round the corner and it's too late.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

I last used my router to make a box fox my router bits.

Reply to
Reentrant