OT: Here's a good idea

We're not talking about NHS funding. We're talking about your pissy smart-arse response to some comment Maggie is alleged to have made. Your quoting of the Mandy sound-bite, IOW.

Reply to
Tim Streater

So who provides the treatment presumably paid for by your compulsory health insurance in the Netherlands?

Reply to
Tim Streater

No, psychedelic.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

A mate's sister was very well cared for in the US thanks to ObamaCare in her last days.

She had been covered health insurance wise by her husband's company scheme. But he upped and left when she became ill. Taking not only all their joint property, but of course his pension and health care too. The land of the free. If you have money.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I was.

No surprised the likes of you would be a big fan of her.

Have you been reading too many Trump tweets?

Ignore any point made and divert the discussion to something else.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Thought you hated coloureds?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

And they still spent far more in tax then they cost the NHS , the fire brigade, state pensions and nursing homes (as they die earlier).

Reply to
ARW

If you're accusing me of being racist, what makes you think that? Are you too dim to appreciate the difference between concern about immigration levels and racism?

I know you lefties tend to think with a very broad brush but that's a bit ridiculous.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Responding to a question in the House of Lords by Lord Green, the Chair of Migration Watch, the government admitted that half of all houses built in the UK over the next 22 years will go to migrants. Around

243,000 properties need to be built every year, with around half needed to cope with the growing demands from immigration. The figures comes from the Department of Communities and Local Government.

Lord Green told the Upper House:

?To put the point slightly more dramatically, that would mean building a new home every five minutes night and day, for new arrivals until such a time as we can get those numbers down.

?I know there is a strong view in the House that there is a lot to be said for migration. All I am pointing out is that there are also costs.?

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

I think you don't actually understand what happens to smokers. They don't usually just die. they linger on and have heart failure, amputations, and stuff like that. The treatment is an NHS cost, the care is from other funds. If they just died then what you say might be true.

Reply to
dennis

I recall some numbers that the type of illnesses smokers suffered and the way these caused accelerated death actually cost the NHS less than all the other illnesses that non-smokers got.

Reply to
Fredxxx

And local roads maintained and schools and streetlights and a shitload of other things I can't be arsed to list. So it's not actually £53 each time your bin is emptied. Is it.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Smokers are always saying that.

Reply to
dennis

I see the same thing with sexism and lost of other ism's .

Reply to
whisky-dave

You frequently post OT here about crimes etc committed by Asians. But never about whites.

Your actions speak louder than your words.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

yes it;s interesting to see how people get divided. When peole talk about people attacking asians or mulims we just say they ar e white, not whether they are english, scotish, irish, welsh, polish romia nian etc.. but 30+% of thos earrested for pickpocking in london are from Bu lgaria shipped in in gangs but because they are white they are assumed to b e English. A friemd from the Brighton came to vist and told me how on the bus in walt hamstow a white person was shouting racist abuse at a black women who said "f*ck off you smack head" he also said he didn't hear much english spoken on the bus so.... I constantly see two women in head scaves carrying roses to sell get on the bus and I've NEVER seen them pay, they get on the central doors an start arranging their roses spreading them out on two seats each ready to sell on oxford street. They talk very loudly shouting almost ever other passenger is annoyed by th em, they also don;t wait for peolpe to get off they just push their way on past everyone to grab the seats. I would complain but I don't want to be called a racist.

Another curious thing I;ve noticed regarding the stabbing of children in Lo ndon people seem to be keeping very quiet about the skin colour of both vic tims and attackers I wonder why.

That's the way it should be, why should the pen be mighter than the sword ?

Reply to
whisky-dave

Here, they tend to get divided by what topics they start, rather than just commenting on normal thread drift.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

The only problem is Obummer care bankrupting the individual states.

Reply to
Capitol

Correct. And all their treatment with cash left over is paid for by revenue on tobacco.

Reply to
ARW

You're an ignorant dipshit aren't you. Road tax/fuel tax etc pays for major roads/motorways. Council tax pays for local roads.

Er no, police and fire are paid for locally like it says on your council tax bill. I take you it you can read?

Reply to
Tim Streater