[OT?] webcam for octopi

Anyone using octopi? which webcams work well with it? The official site is a bit vague about what really works and what works with errors (unspecified).

Reply to
dennis

Have you looked here?

Richard

Funnily enough I have configured OctoPi on a Pi here but not connected to a printer (just RAMPS) but have connected an (Octo)Pi at my mates and to a printer (MendelMax) but not actually used it in earnest yet.

We did briefly try it with a generic USB cam but didn't get anywhere with it (neither of us are Linux geeks).

As an aside, he's got one of his CCTV cameras looking at the printer and so there wasn't the drive to sort the Pi-cam as there might have been otherwise.

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

I think the official Pi camera module would be my first port of call - don't know about Octopi, but I'd assume it's supported. Resolution would generally be better than many webcams.

Theo

Reply to
Theo