OT: Here's a good idea

You frequently post OT here about crimes etc committed by Asians. But never about whites.

Your actions speak louder than your words.

--
*Organized Crime Is Alive And Well; It's Called Auto Insurance.

On Thursday, 9 February 2017 14:26:12 UTC, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

yes it;s interesting to see how people get divided. When peole talk about people attacking asians or mulims we just say they ar e white, not whether they are english, scotish, irish, welsh, polish romia nian etc.. but 30+% of thos earrested for pickpocking in london are from Bu lgaria shipped in in gangs but because they are white they are assumed to b e English. A friemd from the Brighton came to vist and told me how on the bus in walt hamstow a white person was shouting racist abuse at a black women who said "fuck off you smack head" he also said he didn't hear much english spoken on the bus so.... I constantly see two women in head scaves carrying roses to sell get on the bus and I've NEVER seen them pay, they get on the central doors an start arranging their roses spreading them out on two seats each ready to sell on oxford street. They talk very loudly shouting almost ever other passenger is annoyed by th em, they also don;t wait for peolpe to get off they just push their way on past everyone to grab the seats. I would complain but I don't want to be called a racist.
Another curious thing I;ve noticed regarding the stabbing of children in Lo ndon people seem to be keeping very quiet about the skin colour of both vic tims and attackers I wonder why.

That's the way it should be, why should the pen be mighter than the sword ?

Here, they tend to get divided by what topics they start, rather than just commenting on normal thread drift.
--
*Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional

On 09/02/2017 15:36, whisky-dave wrote:

You forgot to say which sex they were?
But I'll have a guess at black males.
I wonder who is doing most of the white collar crime in London?
--
Adam

If Dave is talking about TV, they generally show pictures of the victim and grieving parents - at least on the local news. So is there really a need to mention their colour in the commentary?
--
*'ome is where you 'ang your @ *

On 08/02/2017 19:58, Bill Wright wrote:

They don't use the term racist any more - it's brexiteer.
--
mailto: news admac {dot] myzen co uk

On Tue, 7 Feb 2017 03:45:42 +0000, Bill Wright

I understand that part of the 'issue' re the NHS and getting cash from other countries is that they (the NHS) don't put much effort into it, certainly compared with many of the other countries where we have a reciprocal arrangement.
Now, as any decent company knows, having a good accounts department is vital when it comes to dealing with such matters so ... ?
As an aside, I also understand that whilst the unclaimed money runs into the millions, it's is an insignificant amount compared with the running costs of the NHS in general and so maybe their accounts department realise this and have worked out it's not as high a priority (so not as 'cost effective) and dealing with other matters?
Cheers, T i m
p.s. As an aside:
My mate has run his own (car) garage for 40+ years and generally deals with suppliers with cash. One (because of thief I think) decided to go 'account only' and so my mate stopped using them (after many many years). A couple of months later said supplier came to him cap_in_hand asking for his (and presumably others) cash-custom back.
His point was that he doesn't have an accounts department so cash is the most efficient way of dealing with such things (for him).

How does he deal with the VAT man?
--
from KT24 in Surrey, England

On 07/02/2017 10:15, charles wrote:

Who says that he is VAT registered?
--
Adam

On Tue, 7 Feb 2017 19:21:21 +0000, ARW

He was but when he started slowing down pre retirement he de-registered himself and just stays under the mandatory threshold (£72k/pa?)
He also found his customer base moved from more Company to more private customers and so that suited him better as well.
Cheers, T i m

It would depend on how much money could be recovered that way. Most would think there's little point spending 10 million on a new department to recover 1 million.
But having regained control of our borders after we leave the EU, it should be simple to prevent those coming here for free medical treatment. Surely they must be easier to spot than a terrorist?
--
*Eat well, stay fit, die anyway

On Tuesday, 7 February 2017 10:35:56 UTC, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

That's the real problem, that in the NHS it *would* cost £10 million t o recover 1 million.
Owain

True. Far better to have the triage nurse in casualty deal with it. After all, most would simply use the touch facility on their mobile phones to pay all those thousands their treatment is going to cost. Wouldn't take a moment.
--
*WOULD A FLY WITHOUT WINGS BE CALLED A WALK?

On Tuesday, 7 February 2017 10:35:56 UTC, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

There's also the point that if peoplel had to pay they might stop coming here for the treatment and thus reduce the burden on the NHS. That would be more valuable than then money in fact.
Robert
On 07/02/17 03:45, Bill Wright wrote:

It's a shit idea. The NHS is underfunded by the government. The amount spent on treating foreigners is tiny but the Tories promote this false narrative that it is foreigners and immigrants who are putting pressure on services. I know it's difficult if you read the Express but you should have the sense to see through the lies.
Tim W

The answer is that there will never be enough money to fund the NHS. It does so much more than it was ever envisaged it could.
--
from KT24 in Surrey, England

On Tue, 07 Feb 2017 12:07:38 +0000 (GMT)

Not just that - drugs and treatments are becoming ever more expensive because they require more research to develop - all the low hanging fruit was picked decades ago - and there's more of them.
Of course it doesn't help when the clueless out of touch fools in wigs make decisions like the following:
http://news.sky.com/story/nhs-england-must-pay-for-game-changer-hiv-treatment-pr ep-10651974
So others will have to suffer because some sex addicts who are too irresponsible to use condoms "demand" a drug to stop them getting infected when they indulge in their hedonistic lifestyle.
--
Spud

True. And while we're at it, lets stop treating sportsmen like boxers and rugby players that get injured when playing their game. And saving those from mountains etc who are stupid enough to venture out in bad weather.
And as for those who need health care through over eating, drinking or smaoking...
--
*That's it! I?m calling grandma!

The revenue collected from tobacco COULD pay for more than 10% of the NHS running costs.
--
Adam

On 07/02/2017 19:34, ARW wrote:

Was that on the side of a bus?
There are estimates that smokers cost the UK about £14b of which about £6b is the NHS.
Do smokers pay more than that in tax?