OT Female mechanics

arguably she showed she was /exceedingly/ good at wrecking a kitchen

Reply to
Robin

In that case I suggests she makes herself a steel chastity belt.

Bill

Reply to
williamwright

Sometimes observations are just that. It's bit like observing that an Afro-Caribbean is more likely to be in prison. Just because you don't like facts doesn't mean they're not true.

Logic says they're more likely to be effeminate and shorter than straight men:

Fredxx

Do give details!

Probably in much the same way there are some professions where equality act allows for inequality. I think toilet cleaners is one.

Reply to
Fredxx

Then once again you're an out of touch ignoramus.

An employer may choose female cleaners to clean female toilets. It is regarded as a "Genuine Occupational Requirement" "for reasons of privacy and decency" within the UK Equality 2010.

BTW this is a UK group.

Quite, but doesn't prevent an employer specifying a female cleaner to clean female toilets.

Reply to
Fredxx

I've known lots of gay men who've been nice but only two that have been nasty. However the nastiness of the two easily outweighed the niceness of all the others! Mind you, they were a nasty pair, they really were. Would have spoilt another couple.

I think in general that growing up and finding that you're in a minority, and probably a persecuted minority at that, helps a person develop compassion. In most cases.

Bill

Reply to
williamwright

How do you deal with you bleeding knuckles? I mean, after all that dragging along the ground?

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Remind us who was the ignoramus that said "nope" to "there are some professions where equality act allows for inequality".

Reply to
Fredxx

That is one particular archetype. Another is just regular people. Who take it up the chuff. Its the difference between the urban 'out' gay scene and people who are just 'gay'

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

so they didn't like to get their hands dirty...

Reply to
Jim Stewart ...

Do you really think she's not capable of looking after herself?

Owain

Reply to
Owain Lastname

I always thought it was Capt Peacock ... he was the one with the moustache and marital problems.

Owain

Reply to
Owain Lastname

That is a stupid comment.

I grew up in the NE, when mining and ship building still existed. Fortunately, so did the 11 plus and grammar schools.

It was a considered normal for parents, where the father worked in the local pit or shipyard, to want their children to go to the local grammar school, hopefully university, and get a job that didn?t involve working waist deep in water down a pit when the pumps failed*, breathing coal dust, or in a shipyard in all weathers.

  • several pits ( as mines are know in the NE) have tunnels stretching miles out under the sea. Even those that don?t often need to be constantly pumped to prevent flooding. When the pumps fail, someone needs to repair them, even if that means working waist or chest deep in freezing water.

The tunnels are still there, full of water of course, surrounded by hundreds of years of coal. Scargill did a good job of killing an industry.

Reply to
Brian

Of just get one of the female staff to serve you?

Based on working and shopping in 10 different builders merchants, electrical wholesalers and plumbers wholesalers last week you are very likely to find one.

The most attractive female (IMHO as people do not like the same looks) is actually a lesbian. Beautiful long black hair, dark eyes, splendid slim figure and legs right up to her t*ts, lovely smile etc

Knows hers stuff and never gets an order wrong.

Reply to
ARW

I have spent a lot of time in the last 3 years changing male/fermale toilets into unsex toilets.

Usually at schools and hospitals.

Reply to
ARW

Interesting. If you met a straight couple who were nasty, would you also transfer that onto all other straight couples?

Really? No racial minorities born in this country are racists either?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

On 02/05/2022 10:25, Brian wrote: Scargill did a good job of killing an industry.

An industry that was killing hundreds of men a year.

Reply to
ARW

Poland, USA and Australia doesnt and they all still have lots of underground coal mining.

Reply to
Jock

:-)

Reply to
ARW

Sorry, I don't follow. Are you trying to imply some sort of irrationality on my part from my whimsical remark?

Again, you take my suggestion that a factor can influence a person's development to mean that it can dictate it. I said, "HELPS a person >> develop compassion. IN MOST CASES."

Your logic is as usual flawed.

Bill

Reply to
williamwright