Christchurch gable end collapse

Fortunately, no-one was passing underneath at the time.

The movement of the small tree on the right and the dust indicates a strong wind blowing right to left. It seems to me that there were no restraining straps between the wall and the roof timbers.

Reply to
Alan J. Wylie

They don't build them like the used to.

Reply to
jon

I was quite impressed by the strength of the car roof. I?m sure in years/decades gone by, it would have caved it in.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Yes I do hope structural checks on the rest of the estate will be done, since from 2014 to now is hardly end of life and indeed should not have even resulted in any inspection needed. Maybe they used that well known building firm,bodgit and run. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

That's what I thought, but it looks to me after a few plays, that in fact the first set of roof timers are still attached to the brickwork as it falls ?

Reply to
Mark Carver