age

figure 4.

if the link works

Reply to
ARW

And?

Reply to
soup

Well for one thing it's a very good example of the way the internet can be used to make it easy to access and dig down into present quite complex data sets.

For another thing it explains why old farts who live in inner cities can feel a marginalised minority. We are :(

And I thought it mildly interesting to see how some regular posters live in areas where the average age approaches what one of the presenters once said was the average age of listeners to BBC's Today programme.

Reply to
Robin

It's also a good way to show that I messed up and the link was meant to be an email to a friend and not to the newsgroup:-)

However I might as well fill you in with the details as to why I was sending it.

Figure 4 of the above link used in conjunction with

We had been discussing the average age and population density of an area against covid rates for that area and the fact that most people under 45 have not had their first dose. Basically to see how similar the maps looked when compared with age and/or population density.

Figures for vaccine uptake by age are taken from here

So more figures to play with if you have not seen them. It gave me something to do whilst I was off work with a bad knee.

Reply to
ARW

The all-you-can-eat-for-free NHS health care model is doomed.

Even before Covid-19 the UK debt as a percentage of GDP was projected to double by 2040 once all the baby boomers started reaching 85+

What the West needs is a global pandemic. Oh dear, what happened ?.

Reply to
Andrew

Ageing issue ?? :-)

"Based on antibody testing of blood donors, 73.6% of the adult population now have antibodies to COVID-19 from either infection or vaccination compared to 15.6% that have antibodies from infection alone. Over 98% of adults aged 60 or older have antibodies from either infection or vaccination."

There is an upper age limit of between 66 and 70 (exceptions apply) for blood donors so I don't see how they can make the claim of 98%.

98% of the donors who are over 60 might make more sense.

Reply to
Andrew

Mindlessly silly.

That stupidly assumes taxation levels don?t change.

Hasn?t killed anything like enough in the UK to fix the NHS problem and won't now.

Reply to
Joey

Only to someone who -

1) refuses to accept the blinding obvious 2) actually believes that the government has any money, never mind lots of it 3) thinks it is OK for the BoE to print £300 Billion and immediately "buy" it all back.

Which won't happen if the electorate don't vote for it. Remember what happened when Ed Miliband and Theresa May made their proposals for increased taxation.

The next one might

Reply to
Andrew

Easy to claim.

I have never believed anything of the sort.

Or that either.

The electorate don?t get to vote on something like that.

No one got to vote on that.

Not a chance. Yes the Black Death did overturn the way things were done considerably, but even the two world wars didn?t and they killed a hell of a more than any new pandemic will now.

Reply to
Joey

tell that to the idle staff in A & E when I was last in during the height of lockdown

NO one was turning up at A & E for fear of catching it!

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

But not because so many had actually been killed by it.

Reply to
Joey

Well at that time the staff said they had an entire section of the hospital dedicated to patients with it - several hundred - and their had been quite a lot of deaths.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Sure but not enough to make any difference to the problem with the NHS as the boomers start using it more as they age.

Reply to
Joey

(white)

farts who live in inner cities can