WB DT10RF rf link dropping out

WB 30CDi ~2 years old. Digistat ~6 feet from boiler keeps losing rf link (flashing icon on receiver), sometimes after ~12 hours sometimes ~10 mins. Fine a week ago, replaced batteries, no diff. Any ideas folks? TIA

Reply to
brass monkey

In article , brass monkey scribeth thus

Apart from a fault with either unit, Interference is the most likely culprit. Any Idea which frequency band its using?...

Reply to
tony sayer

In message , tony sayer writes

433 MHz Tony

A quick Google shows up quite a few people with the same problem over the last couple of years.

433 is a very common freq' for RF remotes, car key fobs, TV IR remote links, remote thermometers, power monitors etc. ad infinitum. Not to mention Police Airwave comms and local radio hams.

So it may well be RF interference, the fun bit will be finding out what from.

Has the OP recently installed any thing new at home that may be using a similar frequency? I once found an ornamental windmill that had a

433.92MHz link to a monitor to say that it was spinning!!
Reply to
Bill

Nope, nothing has changed, and yep, I saw that a few folks had the same prob without resolution. Emailed WB and they asked if the sig strength was checked when installed (not to my knowledge) and to phone for a walk-through of doing same. Just re-changed Energizer alkalines for Duracells, hasn't fallen over since but its early days. I'll try the walk-through next. Cheers folks.

Reply to
brass monkey

WB replaced tx & rx parts under warranty, seems ok. On the new pair you can set the tx to tx continuously and set the rx to display sig strength, much better.

Reply to
brass monkey

In message , brass monkey writes

Oh dear,

do they mean that it transmits continuously in so far as it is permanently producing RF or that it poles every so often even if there is nothing to update?

I can't locate the relevant spec' for 433MHz licence exemptions at the moment but I'm sure permanent RF is a no no.

Any way, glad you seem to have had a good result, plus point for WB.

Reply to
Bill

I dunno, Bill. Maybe it tx's data every second or so, maybe. In any event, I can now see how good/bad the reception is. WB were pretty fast in replacing the parts, 2 days. I can once again hear my hard earned cash producing plumes without falling over.

Reply to
brass monkey