Drayton Digistat +2RF/ Worcester Bosch Programmable RF Thermostat - Experiences please

I have had a new boiler installed and opted for the WB DT10RF Room Thermostat. (I believe this to be a re-badged Drayton +2RF with a different receiver)

It offers an "Intelligent Delayed Start" option that should 'learn' the time taken to attain the desired temp.

Has anyone any real wintertime experience of using this option - or is it better to turn off the option and use it as normal?

Reply to
John

Not with that particular stat but a similar feature on a Danfoss stat. Works pretty well the heating comes on sufficiently early to ensure that the 1st set point temp of the day is achieved by the set time. As we have a drafty house in an exposed position this can mean the heating coming on 1 1/2 hours before the set time in winter or only a few minutes before in spring/autumn. To have the place warm when you get up is nice and with spread of times we have we'd either be getting up to a cold house in winter or heating the place an hour or more before it needs to be in spring/autumn, I suspect there are a significant fuel savings for us.

If you have a small, modern, well insulated, box that heats up quickly then there's probably not much in it.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice