Removing bathroom door handle (with separate bolt for latch)

OK, I'm stuck. I have a bathroom door handle with two spindles that I want to remove. I have taken all visible screws out - but still holds firm.

I dont want to damage it - so has anybody faced this problem before and have a suggestion?

TIA

Phil

Reply to
philipcosson

Is there a small hole or slot in the shaft between the knob and the door? If there is, poke something in there and the knob should slide straight off.

Reply to
Matty F

Are the locking knobs held on with allen screws ?

Andy C

Reply to
Andy Cap

Got a picture?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Hurrah, I was just taking some pictures when I spied a third allen screw holding the bolt knob on. This was a smaller gauge. With that removed the job was done!

Thanks for all your help!

Phil

Reply to
philipcosson

Hey, 6 years later and the solution to this problem was good for me too! after picking up this thread I found the little screw holding the bolt head. thanks a bunch guys. Larry

Reply to
laurence.halliwell