OT Cyclists and imperial measurements?

min and 37 seconds in.

Does that cyclist says "That space is centimetres it is not even a foot"?

So is it OK to pass a cyclist when you are 30.48cm from them?

Reply to
ARW

I'm not a cyclist, but ... would you be happy with a driver of a 40 tonner judging a 1 foot gap with you as a pedestrian? Don't think I would.

Reply to
Paul Herber

I cannot understand why cyclists are so miffed by the drivers of motor vehicles. If they obeyed the rules of the road them maybe, just maybe, drivers would behave better as well. All of us drivers must have seen them blithely cycle through stop signs and traffic lights, because they believe they can get through OK does not mean that oncoming drivers can avoid them!

Reply to
Broadback

What gets me around here is a gaggle of 'em stopping at the top of hill on a narrow road. Drivers can't see over the brow of the hill to see if it's safe to drive down the wrong side to get past 'em.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

That only applies to some cyclists -not all of them. And just becasue some idiots ignore a red light does not give any motorist the right to drive so close to me that their rear bumper hits my right pedal and knocks the bike over. I had 8 weeks in plaster from my finger tips to my shoulder and was, according to the surgeon, lucky not to lose my right arm.

Reply to
charles

So if the guy in front of you runs a yellow traffic light, does that mean that all drivers are going to do the same, and should be treated accordingly? I'm not condoning errant cyclists, but I think your objection needs to be taken into consideration what impact this indescretion has - I really don't believe that a cyclist doing what you complain about would put himself into the dangers you specify.

Having said that it is totally unrealistic that this country does from the top downward pay lip service to encouraging the use of bikes and yet does nothing - and I really do mean nothing - to make segregation routes for cyclists on everyday routes. Yes, there are the tourist trails, but that is not where the cyclist has an impact on traffic flow and the likes.

Reply to
robgraham

But why should this country do anything for them?

Cyclists are an insignificant minority, who choose to use an idiotic mode of transport & pay no specific taxes to use the roads.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

You sir are a Troll - AICMFP!

Reply to
David WE Roberts

Lot ot trolling going on.

Obviously because some drivers drive when drunk and disqualified with no tax or insurance all cars should be shunted off the roads to make way for cyclists. .

Reply to
David WE Roberts

Then cyclists would have to pay the £30.2 billion in motoring taxes to make up the shortfall.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Troll def: Anyone who dislikes cyclists.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

And they don't have insurance.

Reply to
Tim Streater

What about drunk cyclists?

Reply to
ARW

Sounds like a plan...

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Phew, I'm not a cyclist when I'm riding my bike then.

Reply to
Clive George

You telling us that you've taken out a cyclists' insurance policy to cover you if when cycling you injure someone or damage property?

Reply to
Tim Streater

I much prefer cyclists to white van drivers.

Reply to
Bob Martin

Unlikely to wipe out a bus queue by cycling into them at 60mph?

Reply to
David WE Roberts

Some of them actually believe that their household insurance will cover them.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

But is this indeed the case? (not that they have this belief, but that they are insured :-)

Reply to
Tim Streater