OT Cyclists and imperial measurements?

Why d'ye think I was asking about it?

Reply to
Tim Streater

Fortunately not.

Reply to
Huge

Fortunately, it isn't so. Of course, the Lycra Louts were overjoyed that it might be.

Reply to
Huge

Thanks for clarifying. Should have remembered to question which of the

220 or so countries might have passed that law. Fell into trap of assuming it would have been at least a part of the UK. :-)
Reply to
polygonum

Been the law in the Low Countries for some time, I think. And I think proposals here were for a rebuttable presumption of liability, rather than just 'always the motorist's fault'.

Doesn't seem totally unreasonable that if you're in charge of heavy, fast-moving machinery that can cause serious damage, there's a presumption of liability if it does actually cause that damage - providing of course that the victim hasn't been a complete c*ck and brought it entirely on themselves.

Reply to
John Sabine

Reply to
Huge

I once cycled into the back of a parked car! May explain a few things:-)

The Police attended my hospital bed and would have been happy to write down anything I said. As the car owner had kindly driven me to casualty, it would have been churlish to say anything but the truth:-)

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Tonight I saw a white van driver overtake a cyclist and give him lots of room.

I would have been happier if white van's RH headlight had been working!

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ