OT: California says key ingredient in Roundup weed killer can cause cancer

And it's usually a lot cheaper.

David

Reply to
David Rance

There was an article a few years ago about this. Basically a straight line graph was produced by comparing exposure (distance) and effects of the Hiroshima and Nagasaki bombs on people and then extended down to zero. This was used to produce "acceptable" exposure/emmissions limits. Apparently the ability of living organisms to repair DNA damage means that the figures are anything up to 1000 times too conservative - massively slowing work and driving up costs.

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker

OMG We'd all turn into Stokies

Reply to
bert

I've heard roundup shouldn't be used anywhere near ponds and some have said if you have a pond anywhere in your garden don't use roundup as it will kill aquatic wildlife.

Reply to
whisky-dave

I am one of them. I remember dousing the garden with sodium chlorate in the late 80s and the place looked as though it had been napalmed two hours later.

When Brexit comes can we have sodium chlorate back? For alternative uses it seems that other, better products can be obtained.

Reply to
Scott
[Snip]

how else can you make cheap explosives>