Weed killer?

I recently tried Spectracide Weed Stop. More like a week fertilizer. Any products you've had success with? Preferably something locally available, like Walmart or Lowes, not on-line.

TIA

Reply to
KenK

Depends on what weeds and if it's turf or beds, etc. For broadleaf weeds in turf, weed b gone works for me.

Reply to
trader_4

Try your local Tractor Supply Company store, if you have one. Ask the people there which would be best for your particular application. I am using one that has the same ingredient as RoundUp, but in a slightly higher concentration than the name brand, and much less expensive. Takes four days to over a week to kill, depending on the "weed." The slowest for me are the baby oaks.

-dan z-

Reply to
slate_leeper

How long did you wait for the product to work? It should take at least a week before you see results. Are you attempting to kill weeds in your lawn or are you dealing with weeds in a non-grassy area?

If you are trying to kill weeds and not preserve grass, try Round-up (glyphosphate), this is a systemic product and must be sprayed on the leaves of the weeds, additionally, it doesn't work too well on weeds over 12" tall. Be aware, Round-up will kill grass.

Reply to
Stormin' Norman

What are you trying to kill and where? The weeds on my stone driveway turned up their toes within hours after application of a mix of 1 liter white vinegar, 1/2 cup epson salt, and a few tsp of dawn dishwashing liquid. A lot cheaper than using cider vinegar and epsom salts - and just as effective (I tried both)

Reply to
clare

I bought something online for a weed that I have for recommended pre-emergent treatment needed is not available in any store around me:

Free shipping and cheaper than Amazon that wanted me to pay shipping.

Reply to
Frank

trader_4 wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

Turf I guess. Level non-grassy areas.

Reply to
KenK

Stormin' Norman wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Several weeks.

Non-grassy,

Reply to
KenK

snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Don't know name of the weeds. Non-grassy area.

Sounds like worth a try. I don't think I have any epson salts, have to get some.

Reply to
KenK

If it is non grassy and you are not trying to preserve anything in the area with the weeds, then get some glyphosphate (Round-up).

Reply to
Stormin' Norman

I use Roundup and it kills anything I spray it on. I bought a quart bottle of it last week at Walmart for $18.76 (I think it

76¢, I do know it was under $19.00). A $5 off coupon was used, too. Anyway, This is the stuff you mix yourself and put in a garden sprayer. I do add about a tablespoon more than the recommended amount and I see no grass or weeds until the next Spring.
Reply to
ItsJoanNotJoann

It's spelled g-l-y-p-h-o-s-a-t-e.

No wonder Drumpf won. 8|

nb

Reply to
notbob

Turf is grass. If you want to kill everything, then Glyphosate, the roundup chemical is effective. I buy 2.5 gal of 48% concentrate for $60 online, makes a couple hundred gallons.

Reply to
trader_4

If it's supresssing everything for months, then it's not Glyphosate, which is what is most commonly referred to as roundup. Monsanto has other product s under the roundup name, so you have to make sure what your buying is what you want.

Reply to
trader_4

I use this, bought from Amazon. Use it in driveway/sidewalk cracks and a brick walkway. Compare-N-Save Concentrate Grass and Weed Killer, 41-Percent Glyphosate, 32-Ounce Though it kills everything, they get reseeded every year. Weeds do that. Have to use it once a year.

Reply to
Vic Smith

When that doesn't work, use Garlon AKA Triclopyr (Ortho Brush B Gone at the BORG). It works on stuff Roundup won't kill. Garlon 4 with Diesel as the surfactant is bad to the bone.

Reply to
gfretwell

Good to know and you are absolutely correct, "Drumpf" (Trump) won because I misspelled glyphosate and because he properly spelled "covfefe".....

A very insightful contribution....... ;-)

Reply to
Stormin' Norman

2-4-d is the basic chemical for most weed killers used for spot spraying. If you want total kill try Groundclear with Triox
Reply to
ChairMan

h is what is most commonly referred to as roundup. Monsanto has other produ cts under the roundup name, so you have to make sure what your buying is wh at you want.

It says Roundup on the bottle so I have no idea if it's something special or not. All I know is that it works.

Reply to
ItsJoanNotJoann

I use the Roundup once a year, too.

Reply to