OT; Argos click-n-collect

A relative is in a bit of a pinch, I could do with purchasing an el-cheapo mobile phone for him, thinking I can probably buy one from argos website, and pay for it ... does anyone know how the collection works?

Hopefully it will just email me a code that I can pass to him to allow him to collect it?

Reply to
Andy Burns

I think it's texted actually, maybe both.

Reply to
Scott

They email and text a code...

Reply to
John Rumm

I wasn't sure if you had to pop the same debit card into one of their machines in store?

Reply to
Andy Burns

I've only ever had to show the code.

Reply to
SteveW

Be wary if the stock at the remote store shows one off. In my experience the computer system that Argos use isn't too good at keeping track of what is actually available in the store.

Reply to
alan_m

He may be asked for your address unless he has a printout of the email.

Reply to
Max Demian

I have never been asked for a printout. I have always shown the text. You can't print a text anyway as far as I know, so why would they send the code as a text if this was not acceptable at the shop?

Reply to
Scott

You can take of photo of the screen, though, and then print that photo.

Reply to
charles

Actually he collected it based purely on the order number and collection PIN which I passed to him (which as John said are both emailed and texted)

Reply to
Andy Burns