[Apologies to denizens of uk.d-i-y who've already seen this, I thought folks
on uk.telecom.mobile might have a clue about this too. (I did consider
uk.tech.home-automation but there's very little usage on that group.)]
In a Maplin email flyer I've just received:
Remote Control Via Mobile Phone
· Turn equipment on & off from your mobile phone
· Compatible with most mobile phones
· No phone charges incurred
· No need to open or modify your phone or connect with other devices
· Applications include turning lights on & off, activate a car alarm,
control the heating etc.
Any ideas how it works?
Someone on uk.d-i-y suggested it worked by just ringing the home phone a
number of times, and the 'mobile' angle was a crimson fish, but that doesn't
entirely square with the "Compatible with /most/
mobile phones" bit.
Just because you're paranoid doen't mean They're not out to get you.