Mobile home skirting damage

Some of the plastic (fiberglass?) skirting pieces around my mobile home have small (1" dia. or so) in them. From hitting by weed cutter cord, though I doubt it. Probably just decades of weather.

Anyhow, any ideas of something easy to put over the holes, not too obvious? Save me a ton of money and work.

TIA

Reply to
KenK

Epoxy is good and it comes in several colors.

Reply to
cowabunga dude

Vinyl siding? Lots of crawling but wouldn't the patches be less obvious if you do them from the inside?

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

"cowabunga dude" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

Thanks.

Epoxy what? I need small sheets of something to cover the holes, then maybe epoxy that to the skirting.

Reply to
KenK

Dean Hoffman wrote in news:o8nvjg$1rt2$1 @gioia.aioe.org:

I'm unfamiliar with a lot of that material. Example of vinyl siding please? How does to come - large pieces?

Simple, but didn't think of that! Now to find something to put over the holes.

Reply to
KenK

Oren wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

What's Bondo? Heard the name a few times but that's all I know. Small sheets of material for covering rust holes in car fenders, etc.?

Reply to
KenK

I think one can buy single pieces. The pieces are about ten feet long if I remember correctly. You could probably buy a single piece and cut it in two at the store to get it home. Tin snips will cut it. It comes in many colors so you should be able to find something close.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

I agree with Dean. A friend had a mobile home several years ago and he had the same problem with rocks from weed eating and mowing knocking holes in the skirting. Only thing to be done is replace the damaged areas.

Reply to
ItsJoanNotJoann

The skirting pieces are actually a couple feet wide, at least on my house. One has to cut them the right height then slide the latest one into line. One side of the piece might 27" while the other side is

30". I've done only my house so can't say anything beyond this.
Reply to
Dean Hoffman

Hay bales are not recommended , they attract mice .

Reply to
Terry Coombs

A wise old co-worker gave me a headzup on that. I glued 2" polystyrene against the skirting. My dad suggested burying the bottom rail a couple inches deep to seal it all. Nebraska doesn't have the coldest winters by any means but I don't need heat tape. That eliminates one potential fire hazard.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

Oren posted for all of us...

Yes, they need frequent attention, warming and petting.

Reply to
Tekkie®

KenK posted for all of us...

Geez Ken, don't do much research do you?

Reply to
Tekkie®