Ground anchors on a 14 x 70 mobile home

I will be installing ground anchors for a mobile home and the mobile home is

14x70. The inspector said it has to be 2 feet from each side then 10 foot on center that these are installed. Without the toungue that you pull the mobile home the mobile home is around 66 foot not 70. My calculation is that we need 16 tie downs. Is that the correct amount? What is the easiest way to install these ground anchors?
Reply to
jamielynn

Jamie,

You need ti tie down the 14 ft. sides too. 2 tiedowns on each 14 ft. side and 8 tiedowns on each 70 ft. side. That's 20 tiedowns total.

Dave M.

Reply to
David L. Martel

You live in hurricane or tornado country??

Reply to
hrhofmann

The two at the ends of each side are at the corners so they count as anchors on the ends. He's right, 16 does it. Almost 14, but (66'-4')/10 +1 is 7.2, so it has to be eight on a side.

Reply to
krw