OT. Anyone like to recommend a garage in Stevenage?

My daughters (who lives in Stevenage, I am in Wiltshire) her old KA is over heating. I think it is just the water temperature sensor. Which is not located in the normal position i.e. the top of the radiator. If it was, I would send her a sensor and a spanner. The Haynes manual says it is located in the inlet manifold, she has sent me some photos, but we can't find it

Anyone like to recommend a garage?

Ta.

Reply to
Baz

Someone here might own one. What age is it to give a clue about the engine; Endura-E 1299cc (older, sounds like a sewing machine) or newer

2002-onwards Duratec 1297cc?
Reply to
Part timer

Someone here might own one. What age is it to give a clue about the engine; Endura-E 1299cc (older, sounds like a sewing machine) or newer

2002-onwards Duratec 1297cc?

It is the Old one "R reg" 97-98. And yes it does sound like a sewing machine. I have been thinking about the problem. When it started playing up she reported a "Rattling Noise" which stopped soon after. Could it be that the Water Pump impeller has broken up?

Baz

Reply to
Baz

Yes, Star Autos. They used to be located in Argyle way, but when that site was sold for redevelopment they moved to a 17th century barn(!) four miles south of Stevenage and now do a collect and return service. Just phone them.

I used to work in an office in Stevenage, and initially used them because other people recommended them and they were closest - but I was always pleased with their service, the cost, and the fact that they didn't appear to invent work. Haven't been there for over a year though (don't live there any more).

Hope this helps.

Cheers, David.

Reply to
David Robinson

Thanks David.

Just what I wanted.

Baz

Reply to
Baz

I have been in touch with Colin, he wanted to know how I found him. Told him the story, and he remembers you. Sounds like a guy I could work with. Thanks Again David.

Baz

Reply to
Baz