Re: Totally Off Topic. Anyone ever changed the coils on a Fiesta

In article , Gary scribeth thus

As topic. > >I am sure that someone on here has the info or knows where to point me . > >1300 cc 02 Reg Fiesta endura engine. Injection. > >How do you remove the ignition Coils. "Just unbolt it" it says in the >Haynes manual. > >It is mounted behind the engine under all the injection stuff. The Haynes >manual just doesn't mention how to get to it. What to remove or how. >It could be me, I must be missing something. > >Any help welcomed. > >TIA > >Gary >

Try a post over on UK D-I-Y there're very helpful there!.....

Reply to
tony sayer

might be a better bet.

So saying, on most cars COP are accessible after removing any engine cover. You don't usually have to remove any of the 'injection stuff'.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I rebuilt a Fiesta years ago but it won't be like yours now I shouldn't think. What I do know though is that these instructions in the Haynes manuals often do just say such daft things, and you end up having to be very good at modifying spanners and sockets and socket sets, and very handy at working back to front and upside down standing on your head with a mirror and four spare hands. (On an old Micra that needed a new timing chain, the manual just said 'undo the crankshaft pulley - but the nut/bolt end was hidden in a recess in the chassis. I had to take off an engine mounting and jack the car up and lever the engine down before I could get a spanner on to 'remove nut'!) I'm sure they often write this stuff when they have the engine brand new on a bench out of the car.

You may find that enough lateral thinking will help you get at this, or even bypass it and fit one with longer leads in a more accessible position.

Good luck, S

Reply to
Spamlet

: In article , Gary : scribeth thus : >As topic. : >

: >I am sure that someone on here has the info or knows where to point me . : >

: >1300 cc 02 Reg Fiesta endura engine. Injection. : >

: >How do you remove the ignition Coils. "Just unbolt it" it says in the : >Haynes manual. : >

: >It is mounted behind the engine under all the injection stuff. The Haynes : >manual just doesn't mention how to get to it. What to remove or how. : >It could be me, I must be missing something. : >

: >Any help welcomed. : >

If it's the engine I think it is, the best approach will be from below, not easy unless the car in on a lift...

Reply to
Jerry

Did Haynes not mention the bit about standing on your head?

Reply to
Roger Mills

Don't forget the disconnect the battery first throguh :-)

Reply to
Toby