Bargain Fugenboys at Lidl again (from 22nd)

and other DIY bits:

mike

Baz

Reply to
Baz

connection with silicone sealants, but these Lidl efforts are sold as grouting tools. Are they the same thing?

Anyone care to explain how you use Fugeboys with sealant - maybe I'm thick, but it doesn't seem obvious to me?!

Reply to
Roger Mills

Roger Mills wibbled on Thursday 15 July 2010 22:32

Yes - apply bead, "scrape" with Fugenboy using whichever of the 6 corner profiles you want. Hold Fugenboy nearer to perpendicular or shallower (never the other way).

They work because they conform slightly to the surface, and are easy to wipe off - kitchen towel for the firest few times, then a drop of meths once in a while and meths to clean at the end.

Something about the material they're made of - they just work btter than any hard plastic device and have less "stickiness" to the wet silicone than normal rubber.

Reply to
Tim Watts

Ah, I see - thanks. And are the Lidl "grouting tools" virtually the same thing, at a lower price?

Reply to
Roger Mills