Small circular saw

I have a circular saw that is overkill for most stuff so i'm looking for something smaller for neater cutting of shelves / cupboard doors etc.

This looks OK as it cuts up to 25mm,

any experience of this sort of tool or recomendations of something similar.

Ta.

Reply to
R D S

Also 4000rpm seems rather slow for such a small blade.

NT

Reply to
NT

At Lidl next week:

mike

be OK for most jobs?

Reply to
PeterC

I think you'd be better off with a full-size one if you want it for most jobs. Something like the =A355 Evolution at B&Q at the moment seems a reasonable price for reasonable quality. Toolstation have in the past had deals on a nice looking Freud.

The Lidl one is really only suitable for smaller jobs such as thin ply and the odd floorboard. You wouldn't get far cutting up 8x4 sheets of

18mm MDF with it.

Decent full size ones like Bosch, Makita, Wickes/Kress are good if you want accuracy, the cheaper no-name ones, IME, are OK for rough carpentry but have dubious base plates etc.

I had a small Skilsaw which was very useful for jobs where the full size saw wasn't needed but, as I find out the hard way, they're easy to burn out if you get carried away and push them too far.

Reply to
mike

OK, thanks, I'll give it a miss. Some cheap tools are OK but, as I found out with Lidl's jigsaw, some aren't except for rough work (ended up buying a Makita jigsaw).

Reply to
PeterC

Think any jigsaw is only suitable for rough work. They can't be a precision device by nature. Although they certainly vary a great deal.

That Lidl saw looks interesting. Although not unless you already have a 'normal' one.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

True of many, but not all IME. I have used my Makita for furniture and pattern making tasks quite successfully.

Reply to
John Rumm