OT: An Electric Vehicle Owner Speaks Out...

Does this mean you accept that the courts are requesting from the US he can rely on the First Amendment and that it's not bullshit after all?

Fredxx

As already explained, it cause a year's delay in proceedings.

As already explained, it cause a year's delay in proceedings.

Reply to
Fredxx

Extradition is first considered at a Magistrate's Court. They also try

90% of cases and during Covid they were struggling to cope. That wasn't helped by an increasing number of arrests, following a drive to recruit more police.
Reply to
Colin Bignell

Nope.

Nope.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Fredxx snipped-for-privacy@spam.invalid wrote

That is not discussing that question.

No operation in the USA gets any say on whether that constitutional amendment applys to foreigners.

Reply to
Rod Speed

It wasnt EXPLAINED, it was actually CLAIMED, in error.

It wasnt EXPLAINED, it was actually CLAIMED, in error.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Only in theory with a very high profile extradition like Assange's

Irrelevant to Assange's extradition.

Ditto.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Colin Bignell

ALL cases start with a hearing in a Magistrate's Court. In his case, Westminster Magistrate's Court. There is no way to bypass that first step.

Not irrelevant to the time taken to bring his case to the Court.

Reply to
Colin Bignell

Irrelevant to why that year happened.

Irrelevant to why that year happened.

Irrelevant to why that year happened.

Reply to
Rod Speed

But that is just a rubber stamp exercise with a very high profile extradition like Assange's and is irrelevant to the effect of covid.

Only you said anything about bypass.

Wrong given that in his case its just a rubber stamp exercise.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Everyone else was. You're the odd one out.

Reply to
Fredxx

The Court still needs to hear all the evidence and the initial decision was to refuse extradition, so hardly a rubber-stamp exercise.

Reply to
Colin Bignell

More bullshit

Reply to
Rod Speed

That wasnt a magistrate

Reply to
Rod Speed

Westminster Magistrate's Court made that decision. It was appealed by the US lawyers and the High Court ordered the WMC to reverse the decision. This was all in a link I provided in a previous post.

Reply to
Colin Bignell

Bullshit.

You are ignoring the second US Grand Jury

You are ignoring the second US Grand Jury

You are misrepresenting what it said.

Reply to
Rod Speed

As it states here, the Westminster Magistrates' Court made that ruing in January 2021:

I have found three US Grand Jury indictments against him:

6 March 2018 the initial charge of conspiracy to commit unlawful computer intrusion 23 May 2019 An addition 18 allegations of offences relating to national defence information 24 June 2020 A widening of the scope of the conspiracy in regards to the 18 offences previously raised.

Perhaps you would like to explain in what way your believe I am ignoring the second, as all were raised before the extradition request was considered.

This is, of course, rhetorical, as I don't actually expect you to support your assertions with any form of evidence.

Reply to
Colin Bignell

Just a rubber stamp, as I said.

And you previously ignored ALL of them when you stupidly claimed that the bulk of the 5 year delay was due to Assage's activity.

Which does not involve the death penalty.

Pity it was not done in the USA even if it can be proven that Assange actually did that so the USA has no jurisdiction.

And that one was the main cause of the post covid delay because those involved the death penalty.

Which still doesnt involve any US jurisdiction even if it can be proven that Assage actually did anything more than expose the information that Manning stole.

But you didnt even mention it when claiming that the bulk of the 5 year delay was entirely due to Assange's activity.

We all swooned at the evidence you presented to support your claim that the bulk of the 5 year delay was entirely due to Assange's activity.

Reply to
Rod Speed