Volts: up or down

EDF is trying to persuade me to switch to a cheaper tariff - my contract is up in two months. They even promise to refund the early exit fee if I do so.

But I'm minded to wonder whether in fact they don't expect electricty prices to drop rather more than the cheaper one they're offering and so are trying to get people onto a slightly higher cost two-year contract than I'd get if I waited another month.

Anyone else seeing this?

Reply to
Tim Streater

Obviously prices are due to fall from tomorrow (about 12%) and predictions for July seem to be a further fall about 8%

After that the forecasts are for two quarters of rising prices, followed by fairly static prices for the next quarter. All subject to whatever Vlad gets up to ...

Andy Burns

So energy prices go up for the coldest months of the year, and down for the warmer months. "Quelle surprise", as our neighbours across La Manche might say...

Reply to
Jeff Layman

Yes, they are all at it, because they can make good profits from tieing you into a fix.

Best thing I have found out there, for a regular tarrif, useable at anytime of day, is Octopus's Tracker...

I've saved a lot, versus a variable, and even more compared to a fix...

https://share.octopus.energy/jade-light-417

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield Esq

Maybe see

alan_m

Moneybox on BBC Radio 4 this weekend says switch but don't fix. If you see a better rate from another supplier, switch to it but don't fix your rate for any length of time.

Nick

Reply to
Nick Odell