Plastering up to beams

OK, I give up.

When skimming, whats the technique to acheive a clean edge right up to a wavy edged beam ? My attempts have left either plaster on the side of the beam, or not plastered right up to it. Any help greatly appreciated.

Len.

Reply to
Lennie

Hi Len, Been here done this ;)

Skim as far to the beam as you can get, then remove any blobby bits before they harden too much and get into the grain of the beam. keep some of the plaster mix and apply to the gaps with a wide filler knife, smoothing as you go etc.

When I did this, I left the plaster to go off a little before filling in, mad it a little easier to manage, but ymmv.

hth

Reply to
Jet

Plaster up to the beam as tight as you can, use the edge of the trowel to remove as much excess from the beam as you can. Then use a wet brush to remove any that is left. Do this for each layer of plaster, and each subsequent trowelling up of the surface. There may be some powdery residue on the beam when dry, bu this could be removed with a damp rag.

Reply to
Morgan

put tape on the beam and plaster up to it, Kleenedge or similar low tack works well, when the plaster has set, take a sharp blade and score along the tape/ plaster join and pull the tape off.

Simon

Thanks All, Len.

Reply to
Lennie