plastering roughly

Hi all. Hope you can help..

I want to do some rough plastering. The sort in which you can see some trowel marks and the odd ripple or two.

I'm OK at 2-coat skimming but I've never done rough plastering work before.

Can anyone advise me on the type of plaster to use and the technique - so that I can have a bit of a practice first?

Thanks.

Howard.

Reply to
HowieC

HowieC wrote: > Hi all. Hope you can help..

Wow, that's a dangerous sig to use when posting to usenet... ;-)

David

Reply to
Lobster

I used ordinary bonding as it was being painted white after. Trowel it on as thick as required, probably about 1 to 3cm thick. Using a flat spread trowel wobble the trowel around where you need a rougher or textured pattern in an arc and for ripples I waffled the trowel. I hear you can use a screwed up rag like rag-rolling paint to give a different effect pressing it into the plaster to give indentations

I have seen a strange effect produced using of all things a large saucepan. The guy pressed it into the plaster at an angle producing semi-circles at

20-30mm apart. Looked quite "different"
Reply to
RW