Plastering error

I have just done a bit of plastering (without the benefit of the internet or instructions).

I added water to the plaster (it made it hard work) - I now realise I should have added the plaster to the water.

Question: Will it have affected the quality of the material? I intend skimming over it tomorrow. It seemed to go on well. (Bonding coat)

Reply to
John

How many times have you seen a plastering post on this NG? tsk!

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

I knew one way or the other was right - and expected to see some instruction on the bag. I tend to only read things that are of interest at the time - plastering was a bit of an unexpected chore for today.

Reply to
John

The more strings you have for your bow. ;-)

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Providing it was well mixed, it probably doesn't matter. Bonding coat is quite forgiving. Finish coat isn't though, so get that one right.

You could have skimmed it as soon as it set, or even slightly before it set. Ideally, do it before it starts drying out though.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

No, but as you now know (it made it hard work) to get it lump free.

-
Reply to
Mark

Be prepared to wet it down with a water spray tommorow and you should be fine.... (otherwise it may suck out too fast even at a day old)

Reply to
John Rumm