plastering up window

I have just removed and"blocked" up a window. I was going to render and plaster it. Can any one suggest an alternative to sand and cement render before skimming. Our local builders merchants only supplies sand in large quantities. Thanks Neil

Reply to
Neil

The sheds supply smaller bags of sand&cement premixed.

Reply to
ben

Sand and lime. All sorts of advantages over cement, though it doesn't help your problem of finding a small quantity of sand. Earth and lime. Use earth from a foot down. Mix 4:1 earth and lime. It takes a while to go hard but will in time and will then last for ever.

Reply to
biff

Browning or bonding coat available in 15Kg bags. You are talking about on the inside right?

Reply to
ocidental

Thanks. Can you skim on browning or do you just leave that as finish coat? It is inside but will be wallpapered over. Neil

Reply to
Neil

You skim over browning or bonding coat.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Thanks for all help. I have sent son to wickes for bonding coat and multi purpose plaster, so I can have a go tomorrow. Neil

Reply to
Neil