plastering

I'm looking to do some plastering and need some info from anyone who can help really. As I'm not a professional, and I understand that plaster goes "off" quite quickly, has anyone tried of a plaster called "Easy Plaster" - it's supposed to take upto 24 hours to set thereofre allowing you to take mor time over the job. Thanks

Reply to
auston

Conventional plaster does not go off "quite quickly", there is a time limit of 20 min's before it starts setting, although I've been plastering for some time now I have found that 20 Min's is adequate to apply and level the wall/s and then come back to it to smooth and polish it.

Just take the plunge choose a smallish wall first and see how you get on, you'll be suprised how much time you really do have to play about with the job.

Tips are : get someone to mix the plaster for you as this gives you more time to apply the plaster without the worry of cleaning the bucket for each fresh batch. Also get a mixing paddle for an half inch chuck drill this then improves the consistancy of the mix. Keep your trowel clean at every instance when scratches start appearing on sweeping the plaster across or up'n'down the wall, use broad strokes to sweep the plaster as this also helps to delay the time with large coverage of the plaster. When it comes to polishing the plaster instead of using a large brush to dampen the plaster in stages use a squirt bottle instead the type you normally find round the house cleaning materials. Don't expect a completely flat wall as you will find the end result looks flat, to get it completely flat takes backing plaster(dry wall adhesive).

Plaster : "Multi finish", is a good alround DIY plaster. One essential item I have found invaluable is a trestle(walk board), rather than a set of ladders.

-- Sir Benjamin middlethwaite

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

oops! forgot the link.