Parkside 12 volt compatibility

I have recently bought a (Lidl) "PARKSIDE PERFORMANCE® Perceuse-visseuse sans fil 12 V" and really like it. It's compact, it has a proper self-locking chuck, and it was a reasonable price.

It says it's from the "PARKSIDE PERFORMANCE" series. There seem to be two 12v 'series' "PARSIDE PERFORMANCE" and ""PARKSIDE X 12 V Team" does anyone know if these are compatible (batteries and chargers)?

I'm aiming to buy some more of these 12v tools if I can as they suit me perfectly, the nice, compact 12v batteries are so much handier than the great 'mushroom ended' 20v series.

As an aside, I bought the above in France, on-line from Lidl which is very handy. You don't have to go searching around "the middle of Lidl" to see if you can find what you want. They deliver to lockers there (in France) so you don't need a French address, delivery to locker is just 1.99 Euros.

Reply to
Chris Green

I don't know anything about specific models, but AIUI most 3-cell 12V lithium ion batteries are electrically similar: 3x 18650 cells in a gun-magazine style triangular prism package. The charger is a 12.8V CC/CV supply, and the battery has a BMS for balancing and protection. There are usually three terminals which are +, - and thermistor.

Aside from potentially thermistor value (I'd guess 10K at some standard beta), it really comes down to whether the plastics fit. If you search '3s battery case' on Aliexpress there are a variety of case + BMS kits to which you can supply your own 18650 cells. Your guess is as good as mine as to whether the plastics will fit your tools, or whether they will need some 'persuasion'.

Theo

Reply to
Theo