OT Additional HVDC link.

Wind is providing the biggest proportion at 1030 at 27.23% then CCGT then Nuclear then coal.

Reply to
mm0fmf

Its the wrong type of wind

IIRC gusts over 30mph will damage turbines, so they will feather a lot of them.

Harry is too stupid to be worth responding to..

this is the wind power forceast and actual

The Natural Philosopher

Not any more. CCGT overtaken wind..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

'Happens' in our fleet of nuclear subs, and always has thanks to Rolls-Royce

Reply to
Andrew

Much too strong. We will be paying the operators NOT to send any power to the grid.

Rampion, off Worthing will be spinning away I expect.

Reply to
Andrew

Pore ole harry.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Have you got figures on how many are in service at any one point in time, and how many down for maintenance? If it's anything like Trident...

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Harry, how did you survive what did away with your former Dinosaurus brethren;?...

Reply to
tony sayer

Well at the moment its the right sort of wind, not blocking high weak and not feathering the blades strong but most every one missies the main point of wind and renewables, inconsistency!..

It was providing around 1.3 % the other weak wind week!

Reply to
tony sayer