another mystery tool

Another curiosity at a local auction :

John T.

Reply to
hubops

Unique, perhaps, but I don't think I'd call a tool with a ratchet "primitive".

Reply to
invalid unparseable

Looks like a ratchet wrench with an extra handle to keep from stripping the nut, perhaps a lug nut?

Reply to
krw

I believe it is a tool use to make adjustment You place the tool on the nut with the vertical handle and made the adjustment with the ratchet handle.

I have seen it before but can remember what the machine was it was used on .

Reply to
knuttle

I'd like to seen the end of the tool it's sitting on. It might be a drill rather than a wrench.

Reply to
Just Wondering

I think you've got it ..

John T.

Reply to
hubops

Looks like a ratchet brace of some sort - likely for use with an auger bit.

Reply to
Clare Snyder

I wondered if it was a specialty item - but Sonny's link doesn't seem to suggest that :

John T.

Reply to
hubops