Olivia Newton John

She was also known as the trio, Olivia, Newt and John.

Reply to
Max Demian

I rather doubt she was trying to impress the pupils. However, as a rare woman in a predominantly male workplace, being elegant and aloof is a form of protection.

On the other hand, my chemistry teacher was smaller,

It is often said that men find women they think might be attainable more attractive than those they think are beyond their reach.

Perhaps she had asthma.

"Watch out, Steve, she's

Reply to
Colin Bignell

Colin Bignell snipped-for-privacy@bignellremovethis.me.uk> wrote

You don't see that with the women who choose to be mechanics or carpenters etc.

No one I know with astma at tjat age do that.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Rod Speed snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote

Rod Speed

On 09/08/2022 22:22, NY wrote: ...

Which was quite possibly the intention. Much better than being seen as an object of lust in a school full of boys.

Reply to
Colin Bignell

+1.

Even at the time (say, 1966), that was obvious.

Reply to
JNugent