Olivia Newton John

Sad to hear that Livvy died she was only a year older than myself. Born in Cambridge and emigrated with her Parents to Australia when her father, a scientist got a job over there. I met her once before she was famous at the old Marlybone High Street Radio London shop, plugging her first record for Festival. Very pretty very easy to talk to and very homely, was my impression. Very connected, even then with The Shadows. I remember Cliff famously saying that there was more sex appeal in her finger than the whole of Madonna's body.(this was a lot later of course) Her father died of Cancer as well, of course and there was known to be a familial link. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

I very much fancied her, too. Apparently, may have suffered from breast cancer.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield Esq

Madonna is about as sexy as Lady Gaga.

Reply to
Disgusted of Tunbridge Wells

What about Katy Perry?

(I know her mother-in-law...)

Reply to
Bob Eager

I could never work out what people saw/heard in Amy W(h)inehouse.

For me, any woman who *tries* to look beautiful, and exudes an aura of "look at me: aren't I beautiful?", instantly fails my desirability test. Some women innately have it; others have to fake it. I went to an all-boys school and almost all the teachers were men; there were just a few women. One was a tall slender woman. Her make-up was perfect, her perfume was alluring; her hair was immaculate; her clothes were just right; she walked like a catwalk model. And yet... (there's always an "and yet") she did *nothing* for me. (And I'm not by far the only lad who thought that.) On the other hand, my chemistry teacher was smaller, a bit plump and had slightly buck teeth - but she was sex on legs... Catwalk-Teacher had a strange habit of walking slowly up and down the aisles in the library when she was supervising sixth-formers in Private Study, and she made an almost inaudible, faintly orgasmic moaning noise as she prowled amongst us: very, very odd. "Watch out, Steve, she's *coming* nearer." was the standard comment. ;-)

Reply to
NY

+1
Reply to
Harry Bloomfield Esq

And to get back on topic, ONJ and Judith Durham definitely had "it", without resorting to scanty clothes, erotic dances or Autotune. The sight of JD with her long hair hanging down over one of her shoulders, as she is singing Walk With Me etc, is worth a thousand of a modern singer's twerks ;-)

Reply to
NY

I meant to say in my previous post that they are guilty of the cardinal sin of "Trying Too Hard".

Reply to
NY

Ill stick to Vickie Pipe

Reply to
Jim Stewart ...

Yes she wrote some of the songs on her Gaia album while being treated in Australia the first time, but it kept on coming back in different places. As far as I am aware her last recording was on Barry Gibbs recent album, Greenfields in a duet. Its very worrying when you are just one year younger. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Yes well luckily I've never had sight since she came on the scene.

I do remember Madonna having that book out called Sex, though, Well I guess it was OK, but she is a bit scrawny, or was back then. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

So? I've never seen her either. Maybe I've been spared. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Sounds a bit like a scene from Ghostbusters.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Amy seemed quite a nice person, but the look was more like if I open my face any wider, it will fall in half. I'm not saying she had a big mouth, but it was very wide.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Olivia looked good in almost anything though. She also gave a lot of her wealth to good causes and helped to fund several hospitals in Australia before she died. As I say, I had a lot of respect for her. Many of the people you see now who are gone in a few years seem to be pretty shallow characters made up by their press agents. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Yeah, me too, never been into the impeccibly made uo, or made up either.

Mine was my mate's mother, a rather matronly woman.

She was likely salivating over the kids :-(

Reply to
Rod Speed

Hear hear.

Reply to
Bob Eager

I really dread to think what was going through her mind. She was bloody scary! And not even slightly sexy.

I was one of the people who witnessed her get her comeuppance. She had a flash car - maybe a Golf GTI - and she was loading a large cupboard into the boot with the tailgate open and the seat down. When it was safely inside, she slammed the tailgate with a flourish because she was playing to the gallery of lads who were watching her. And she didn't realise that the cupboard was sticking out of the back of the car. There was a bang and a shower of glass erupted: the legs of the cupboard had gone through the window of the tailgate. You should have heard the mighty cheer from "the audience" ;-)

Reply to
NY

ha ha seen that done

Reply to
Jim Stewart ...

Olivia Neutron Bomb, as she was affectionately known. Did she appear on the Morecambe and Wise show? It's a typical Eric misnomer.

Reply to
Chris Hogg