Now this did make oi larrf

Someone having a go at Rod Speed for being a tard, but look who it is...
https://groups.google.com/group/aus.org.efa/browse_thread/thread/4c5ff5752a5d34bd

https://groups.google.com/group/aus.org.efa/browse_thread/thread/4c5ff5752a5d34bd
Hmm, an irresponsible w*nker criticising a tosser. I suppose it makes sense. ;-)
Tim
Unlike those who post links using google gropes which I avoid like the plague.
Brian
From the sofa of Brian Gaff -
snipped-for-privacy@blueyonder.co.uk
Steve Firth wrote:

https://groups.google.com/group/aus.org.efa/browse_thread/thread/4c5ff5752a5d34bd
An Ecuardorian?
--
Adam

Farkin el.
Not quite as dramatic as those who claim to have had McVeigh do something similar.
Heh. One to post with the FAQ link.
--
(\_/)
(='.'=)
On Fri, 10 Aug 2012 21:41:13 +0100, Steve Firth wrote:

thread/4c5ff5752a5d34bd
Huh, it wants a username/password to view - at which point I really can't be bothered. I think I dislike google a little more each day...

Err no.

Oh there's nothing wrong with hating Google, they really are shit, especially Android which is the biggest con job ever. But the punters lap it up. Here's the post in question:
---------------------------- From: snipped-for-privacy@suburbia.net (Julian Assange) Subject: Rod Speed Date: 1996/02/27
Hey Bozo. Only 20% of your posts are written by yourself, the rest are quoted. Of your 20% of "original" material, 90% of that is pathetic, immature and semantically devoid pot shots at the original poster. If you can't contribute constructively - don't.
-- +----------------------------------+-----------------------------------------+ |Julian Assange | "if you think the United States has | |FAX: +61-3-9819-9066 | stood still, who built the largest | |EMAIL: snipped-for-privacy@suburbia.net | shopping centre in the world?" - Nixon | +----------------------------------+-----------------------------------------+
Steve Firth wrote:

Actually, yes it did. Perhaps you were already signed into a Google account?

No I don't have one. It doesn't ask for a Google account not here, not from work not with Safari, Firefox or <shudder> Internet Exploder.
On 11/08/2012 16:36, Steve Firth wrote:

It seems to be a requirement of the "new" google groups. If you have managed to stick with the old interface then you can view without signing in, although they do claim the old interface will be withdrawn at some point.
--
Cheers,

John.

Largely because it doesn't work that well, it doesn't actually work as a standard - every company does their own thing and produces a different version of the same "standard" and the Apps are poorly constructed malware riddled pieces of tat. If you find a good Android app generally you will find it was written for the iPhone and ported to Android.
As for WinPhones <shudder> don't get me started. They are based on TAPI and that is evil beyond belief. Microsoft, as usual, took the lazy route and added phone technology to Windows as a layer running on the OS. So that if the OS has a problem so does your phone. Sensible makers designed telephony as a service running at a lower layer than the OS. Even if the OS spectacularly crashes the phone should still work.
As I mentioned before here and elesewhere, a journalist friend of mine had a WinPhone and boasted how much better it was than the iPhone or Nokia phones. Then he broke his leg on a ski run in the Dolomites. He phone 112 for emergency and his phone BSODed - over and over again. He had to lie there until someone heard his shouting, some hours later apparently. When he got home he ditched the WinPhone.
On Sunday, August 12, 2012 1:48:19 PM UTC+1, Steve Firth wrote:
<snip>
Cheers. I have the Nokia Lumia 710. It's a great unit, but I am under no illusions of it being a phone - it is a handheld computer with a phone app. It does everything I want it to do, but as I say, the battery life is dreadful. Was a bit of a shock coming from an older Nokia phone which would last a week between charges.

They are all like that sir, smartphones that is. If I don't use the computer features of mine and just do text and phone I can get three days of battery life minimum. As soon as anything computationally intensive is done or the GPS is used battery life falls away. Running GPS nav with the screen on all the time gets down to about 6h battery life. This is at least better than my satnav that manages just two hours on battery.
In article

My newish TomTom does rather better than that. Had it on internal batteries for about 3 hours the other day. Unusually, much better for that than my old one. Especially since the screen is twice the size, but it's much slimmer.
--
*Despite the cost of living, have you noticed how it remains so popular?*

My ancient GO 700 does about 5 hours on a full charge... (mind you its quite a bit porkier than the modern ones)
--
Cheers,

John.

On 11/08/2012 13:20, Jules Richardson wrote:

Its links to a post from Mr. Wiki Leaks:
"Julian Assange
2/27/96