Newsnight and ventilators.

Anyone who appears in their own ads - like some small town America used car salesman - needs to be treated with caution. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

While they're designing ventilators made from car-parts they have in stock?

[Constantly touching their masks like they only put them on 30s before the start of filming]
Reply to
Andy Burns

Correct. British industry is idle with skilled workers idle. They should be making ventilators, testing kits, masks, etc. I see few people with masks in the street. This administration has proven to be near totally incompetent to manage the crisis. This is serious, the whole world is in near lockdown. We need a wartime like coalition with a statesman as the head, such as Blair, Brown or Hesseltine. Even the leader has the virus being in hospital. He was running affairs of state via a lap top from home while sick. Pathetic.

Gove announced a five year old died. But the child had underlying health problems, so that is alright then. Children can die.

The media are weak (most is in the hands of Tory party supporters) for not insisting on wartime measures ASAP. The new opposition leader appears to be a lightweight - he should be getting all opposition leaders together, with some media clout, insisting on a coalition, as Johnson's admin' is a shambles. The crisis is too serious for petty party politics.

Reply to
John

John snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com posted

That is probably the biggest load of bollocks I have ever read on this newsgroup, despite the stiff competition for that prize.

Reply to
Maxwell Boltzmann

In article snipped-for-privacy@davenoise.co.uk>, "Dave Plowman (News)" snipped-for-privacy@davenoise.co.uk> writes

Err the reason was to build a factory.

There's plenty of housing development but not allowed for industrial use.

Reply to
bert

While we all clean the house with a bagless battery powered vacuum cleaner.

Reply to
bert

Not long ago Elon Musk was saying more people die from car crashes in America than the coronavirus. That's 38,000 dead.

Covid has killed 10,000 Americans so far and is just limbering up.

Reply to
Pamela