News Reader recommendation - Attn Brian Gaff

Often see Brian commenting on people answering very old messages. I realise my reader doesn't show a date.

What reader should I consider trying. I only use the D-I-Y group.

Reply to
JohnP

I've never used Xnews, but screenshots show it with a date column, e.g.

You might need to tweak your .ini file

Andy Burns

What newsreader are you using? Date is usually shown on the thread summary Subject Author Date line in all the ones I have ever used

Thunderbird is as a good as any and you can customise kill files to make it even better by culling some of the known troll contributions.

Reply to
Martin Brown

Martin Brown <'''newspam'''@nonad.co.uk> wrote in news:s53m78$16tp$ snipped-for-privacy@gioia.aioe.org:

Ah! Turned on "All Headers"

Reply to
JohnP

I think my comments refer to the terrible web based forum interface used by Home Owners club to basically hi jack this group for their use without in fact adhering to the proper use of quoting either top or bottom which always has the date of the original message in it. I use a very old program which has been modified to work in later versions of Windows, but I'm told by Thunderbird users that they are quite happy with that once set up to their likings. I obviously use everything by keyboard shortcuts, have no mouse or screen on the computer, so my usage is totally different to others.

I'll not go into details. Its a great pity that Tbird cannot have its keys mapped to the standard Microsoft ones used since Outlook Express and live mail. From my point of view it would slow me down greatly since its muscle memory you are fighting against, and at over 70 it is harder to learn new tricks!

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

Is that reader accessible with screenreaders, since very few are including the look alike for outlook express and the new and very lame stuff in the windows 10 domain. Of course I'm thinking that when I upgrade to windows 10 I'll get a machine capable of running xp within windows 10!

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa