Pre-RFD: newgroup uk.blind.discussion-general

Hello. I?m thinking of making a proposal for a new group specifically designed to facilitate easy access and pleasurable use to blind people using reader software.

This has come about as I?ve seen the well-known blind uk.* user Brian Gaff semi-regularly offer mild complaints as to the readability of people?s posts, particularly when threads have raged for days or weeks and there are replies with loads of quoted content.

So, what I?m thinking is make a new group where the rule is that replies must be very heavily snipped, with no more than one level of quoted content (ie; the message that is being replied to). Perhaps even enforce snipping of everything and top-post (which is more or less how Brian replies). Whatever works. The group would need to be moderated to ensure that the rules on posting style are followed, of course.

Interested to hear thoughts, particularly from Brian (cross-posted to d-i-y to grab his attention. FUs set) or anybody else using reader software.

Reply to
Stephen Cole

I nominate Gareth for Boss Mod of those groups.

Vote Gareth!

Reply to
Stephen Cole

It won't happen and it's unlikely to work in the real world.

Reply to
whisky-dave