replacement hot water cylinder

the hot water cylinder on my vented with 3 way valve bungalow central heating needs replacing,a friend as a new unused insulated cylinder which he as offered free of charge. The details are: IMI waterheating Ltd Hercal coil indirect double feed coil B.S.ref 7

900x450 grade 3 Max working pressure 3.5 bar Max working head 10 m heating surface .44 sq.m. cold feed and vent req.on primary circuit all connections are 1/2" male parallel thread anode fitted

The only difference I can see is that the secondary connections are male where mine are female. and also that it as an anode fitted (no indication on original to wether this as anode) Will this be suitable for replacing my old cylinder Thanks for any replies

Reply to
Gordon

ammendment to previous message: all connections are 1" male

Reply to
Gordon
1 From: Gordon - view profile Date: Tues, Sep 13 2005 7:11 pm Email: "Gordon" Groups: uk.d-i-y Not yet ratedRating: show options

Reply | Reply to Author | Forward | Print | Individual Message | Show original | Report Abuse | Find messages by this author

I am upgrading my bungalow heating system from very old gravity glow worm sunrod boiler with enclosed heating pump supplying 7 radiators , to a worcester greenstar 30 cdi with "y" plan controls with cold feed tanks and hot water cylinder in loft .Can any reader recommend a suitable circulating pump,are there any special considerations when choosing a pump. Thanks for any replies Gordon

Reply to
Rusty Nail
1 From: Gordon - view profile Date: Sun, Sep 4 2005 10:30 pm Email: "Gordon" Groups: uk.d-i-y Not yet ratedRating: show options

Reply | Reply to Author | Forward | Print | Individual Message | Show original | Report Abuse | Find messages by this author

I have today flushed out my central heating system with Fernox restorer ready to add Inibitor,whilst bleeding out the air I noticed that some of the radiator valves are in the flow and some are in the return.Is this normal ? or should they all be in the flow pipeline.

Reply Rate this post: Text for clearing space

Reply to
Rusty Nail