Migration of phone network to digital

Happens all the time. Look at Digital TV. Original ON Digital boxes scrapped, no firmware. My DA Radio is pretty much junk as it won't do DAB+, google support for a host of Nest products...

Reply to
David Wade

Switching to VOIP will have no effect whatsoever on scammers ability to spoof caller ID.

Reply to
Phil

I built my own smart central heating controller. No ccloud required. Cloud is for numpties who cant program a computer.

Planned obsolescence, surprisingly invented before Apple.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Please do give details.

Reply to
Fredxx

Yes they do!

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield Esq

Unless they are in a supermarket or library, where anyone can use them (and they do).

Reply to
Andrew

Not according to a 'spokesman' from the telecom industry when he had his say on the radio (possibly BBC Moneybox) about the benefits of the digital voice switch.

Reply to
Andrew

So buy from a different supplier who does?

Andy Burns

Does anyone here really believe that NP doesn't know this?

He really enjoys winding folk up, and people can't resist the bait he dangles in front of them.

Reply to
Sam Plusnet

50:50 chance that it’s a wind up or he’s drifting into senility. For his sake hoping it’s the former.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Bet you misunderstood what he said. If he did say that, he hasnt got a clue.

Reply to
ken

None of the ones I have ever been in, do.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Yup. That's me!

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

No, My experience of disabled toilets is that they don't have keys. Not in Waterstones. Not in the hospitals. Not in Waitrose.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Of course these don't. They are all supervised, and serviced regularly, However, many out in the wide world often do (presumably to stop unnecessary use and abuse by those who can access the other toilets).

Reply to
Ian Jackson

For ***** sake - the guy's an imbecile - why argue?

It's when he's like this he shows that his pronouncements are untrustworthy, on this and soooooo... many things.

Reply to
Jim Jackson

Oh, the irony…spoken by a rabid Remoaner…

Reply to
Spike

But no one has contradicted me when I say that all the disabled toilets I have been in do not need keys.

They merely stated that there are *some* that do. So my information is

100% reliable. Despite your desperate need to 'cancel' me.
Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

You may never have needed a key, but I'd rather have a key and not use it than not have one when I find that it is needed.

Reply to
SteveW

Gentlemen please!

I find many toilets in commercial locations are fitted out to disabled standards.

I can offer you one example in Suffolk where the disabled toilet does require a radius key. However, as suggested, it is part of a much larger block where you can pee free.

Reply to
Tim Lamb