Migration of phone network to digital

The Natural Philosopher snipped-for-privacy@invalid.invalid wrote: , on this and soooooo... many things.

Have you really forgotten what you said or are you just h> UK disabled toilets don't have keys

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

You may find as public toilets get to the point where they need to be to be refurbished they may actually close as the current regulations with regards disabled toilets are too expensive to implement.

I know someone who was on a parish council which is responsible for a free public toilet, including a disabled toilet requiring a Radar key to enter. The cost of refurbishing the general use toilet was well within budget but to upgrade the disabled toilet to meet current regulations was so high that the whole plan was cancelled. There is a good chance that the facility will close in the near future.

An example were regulation to cater for every disability actually results in fewer facilities for the majority of disabled.

Reply to
alan_m

Same sort of thing happened with public libraries. I recall several were closed in Cambridgeshire when we lived there, with a "saving", apparently, of less than £50k. Of course the local lib-dems went to town on this, claiming that the cheeseparing Tories were removing important facilities for a trivial saving.

As usual, and as the Libs knew full-well (but why spoil a good story with the complete truth when a few choice lies by omission can bolster it, eh!) that the actual saving were the millions that would have been needed to *upgrade* the libraries - by Labour Govt edict, so no avoiding it - to some new standard.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Our local library was unstaffed, based in the local leisure centre and although it was not as well used as other libraries in the area, it's cost per book loaned was around 1/3 that of the other libraries - it was still chosen to be closed.

Reply to
SteveW

And nor do they. Mostly. If you are going to talk in generalisations like 'companies in the EU no longer supply keys to the UK' I am perfectly allowed to reply. 'UK toilets don't need them'.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Who reads books anymore? The stuff their faces with faeces book instead...

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Most in public areas require a key. Others in motorway services and even some pubs and Wetherspoons do too.

You should get out more.

Reply to
Fredxx

Its the same bunch of planks who used to be called UKIP, with the same total lack of workable policies, where many of the candidates were and will be exposed as total scumbags, liars, crims, cheats etc during the run up to the next GE, where not a single 'reform' MP will be elected.

Reply to
Andrew

Unless they are provided and maintained by a local authority, where ALL of them require an access key to prvent abuse.

Reply to
Andrew

As in: "Step away from that keyboard."?

Reply to
Sam Plusnet

What a perfect description of the Tory and Labour parties!

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

That might help but I was thinking more of gaining a wide, worldly experience with ones' eyes fully open, which perhaps means less time at the keyboard!

Reply to
Fredxx