Match of the day.

Was watching BBC1 HD on Saturday, and the trail for MOTD before the news was mute. As was the prog itself. But OK on BBC 1 SD.

Then last night there was a trail for some footie or other and that was mute too - again BBC1 HD.

Just wondered if my new TV has got some sports filter built in? ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Skype is down since 4.30. am this morning *globally*(apparently?

Reply to
Bod

Great but it needs to replace the video as well with something equally banal but non sporting. Terrible trailers for the adult channels perhaps, Side splitting amateur 'tracey' type talking dirty?

Do people actually sign up when they hear these girls? Gawd elp us all. Being serious for a moment though. I notice that some bits of content put on red button often mutes after a few seconds, what is the reason for that? Maybe they can do this and somebody did it on the on air system. Another funny is that on most boxes I've used, sometimes certain channels crash the box. It still works though the AD goes away and the remote no longer does anything. Pull the plug time. It seems that the at present dead channel 76 does this if left on for more than a minute or so. I know its going to be another shopping channel but I was just seeing what new rubbish the last retune put on.

Brian

Reply to
Brian-Gaff

In message , Brian-Gaff writes

That's interesting Brian.

Both our PVRs are struggling with collecting the programme guides. Big chunks missing and generally only 24-36 hours ahead. Mines a Toppy so I was suspecting another round of failed capacitors but management has a Humax with the same symptoms. There is a new channel coming (I think) 4 something.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

It may be circumstantial, but with my Humax, I'm sure that having selected one of the under-populated channels, when I returned later the EPG seemed to have filled up somewhat, but thrown away some of the data from the other channels. :-(

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

IME no modern TV or PVR with a computer works correctly. The products are just not tested before being put into production. I blame young engineers used to MS products which continually fail, who consider this the norm. The technique of overnight firmware modification simply adds to the mess, as does the changing of the broadcast standards at short intervals. We have a range of devices which misbehave in a variety of manners and it is a real pain having to do a reboot very day when the thing stops working correctly.

Reply to
Capitol