hours?

I just get a white screen when launching Google on my Android 5.1 phone. Everything else that used to work on it still works the same and Google still works on other devices so I'm guessing that a recent upgrade may have taken it beyond the capability of that old phone.

DuckDuckGo still works so I suppose losing Google counts as an improvement!

Nick

Reply to
nick

Okay guys, relax. You can stop searching for an answer now. Two days later and everything seems to be back to normal. Must have been a local glitch.

Thanks,

Nick

Reply to
Nick Odell

On a related matter, EE has just switched off support for 3G phones, or at least it was planning to. There must be quite a few people who didn't know this was happening and are staring at blank screens.

On an unrelated matter, last month I learned that the BBC were stopping broadcasting BBC1 and some other channels except on high definition, starting 1st January. Again, apart from this announcement (which I think I saw on the Newswatch TV programme), I have heard nothing else about it. And, rather unexpectedly, nothing seems to have happened to my TV yet.

Reply to
Handsome Jack

BBC have switched off all their SD satellite channels as of Jan 8th, they say.

Chris Hogg

Since I don't watch 'Celeberries come while frotting' I couldn't give a f*ck really.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

It is annoying, as if I decide to record and keep a film, it now takes a whole lot more disk space.

Reply to
SteveW

Well downsample it then.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I could, but its just another step, taking up my time.

Reply to
SteveW

This only applies to Freesat so if you are using Freeview the SD channels are still there.

John

Reply to
JohnW

Ah. That page also says "As a reminder, BBC channels on Freeview televisions and set-top boxes are not affected and Freeview viewers do not have to upgrade". I use Freeview so I'm all right.

But "as a reminder" is inappropriate. As I said, apart from the Newswatch announcement (which I am sure did not mention satellite), I had heard nothing about any of it.

Reply to
Handsome Jack

I would not know, but older Androids are encountering more and more web sites that do not work. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff