OT: Ping Ralph

I just noticed that I got my $25 credit on Mint Mobile for your signup. You should have your $15 credit too. Thanks!

BTW, if you haven't heard, Mint is giving everyone unlimited high speed data until April 15 to help with the Covid crisis. You just have to buy updata in 3GB increments for $20, then they automatically refund you in a couple of days. So, if you can use that, it's there.

If anyone else is looking for a very low cost mobile service that runs on the TMobile network, let me or Ralph know for a referral code to save you $15. They offer unlimited voice and text with 3GB of data starting at $15 a month. 10GB is as low as $25 a month.

Reply to
trader_4

Good. Glad you got your money. I was not sure if you would get the money or if I had the wait for 3 months to see if I reupped for another period of time. I just finished the first month and plan on going for a full year when the first 3 months run out. It gives me coverage in the area I need it, especially at the house. I use the internet phone for the land line and if the internet goes out I need a way to call them.

I don't use my phone very much, especially for data. I just barley used any the first month I had the service, but good to know it will have the free data if I need it.

While we may disagree on many things, a buck is a buck for us :-) I think we both agree with that.

Thanks for putting me on to the Mint Mobile service. The price is about the same as what I was paying without the data and I could only use certain phones that cost over $ 100, most more with the other service. When I firt got a cell phone it was a good deal , but they failed to keep up with the pricing and service.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

I don't use mine much either, but when I do it's very convenient.

Bought one in the first place when meeting my brother in Philadelphia. I don't want to be there before he leaves the motel adn he doesn't know where he'll be.

Now I suppose you can get take-out from a regular restaurant by calling them when you arrive.

Also good for finding gas stations, laundromats, movie theatres when traveling.

Reply to
micky

My GPS in the car finds many things for me.

I just upgraded my phone so I have data while away from wifi, so may have to try that part out.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

I have only the earliest version of that in my car, but I still think Google maps is more versatile than whatever comes with almost any car. I'm guessing the car has a limited number of categories but google maps will look for anything that appears on their map. Like tattoo parlors or health food stores.

You should get Android Auto. It probably works with your car and will display whatever is on the phone on your car's screen. What make and year is your car?

Reply to
micky

The car is a 2017 Camry . It has a display of some sort, but not the true GPS screen. I did try it one time and it worked with my phone, but it only got the map. If I missed a turn the stupid thing thought I was still on the path and does not recalculate like the Garman gps. One could end up 1000 miles away if following that thing and a turn was mised.

I just trust my Garman that has free map updates. It may take me the long way, but will usually get me to where I want to go.

My truck is a 2007 and does not have any display electronics.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery