mobile broadband sims

i have a t-mobile usb stick, 'huawei E160' that i bought a few years ago, it seemed to be the best deal back then, payg, £2 a day, or buy 'boosters' at £7 for a weeks use, or £15 for a month, and their 'unlimited' use was something like 3 gig a month,

unfortunately i forgot about the bit where you have to use it at least once every 6 months (i only use it in the warmer weather when out in the motorhome) and this year went 8 months before trying to use it again, needles to say the sim is now unrigistered, and i need to get a new one to use the stick again, but they now have silly caps on the data usage (250meg a day, 1 gig a month) so t-mobile no longer seems that good a deal.

i also have a vodafone wifi broadband thingy, (shove a sim in it, connect to the net via 3G or faster, connect to the dongle thing via wifi) me dad got it sent to him when he asked for a new data card to replace his pcmcia one, they sent this but he wanted the usb stick, so they said keep the wifi dongle, so i have it.

last year you could get a vodafone mobile broadband sim with 3GB of data preloaded worth £15, for about 7 quid on ebay, but it seems voda have changed their tarrifs, and it's now 2gb for £15, and the ebay sims afe going for 14 quid,

anyone know of any better mobile broadband deals out there??? or anyone selling the 3GB voda sims cheaply, dont want a contract as i only use the thing half the year, but when i do use it, it gets used a fair bit.

Reply to
Gazz

Cheapest 3 phone Nokia C201/ ZTE Racer, 55 to 60 quid , tie it as a modem, then 15 quid a month gets all you can eat data.

3 coverage is pretty good, considerably better than voda in Scottish borders.

Cheers Adam

Reply to
Adam Aglionby

Three have some good deals on, and their network is relatively good - if you have coverage, however these days, it's often not PAYG, but "Use it or Lose It". ie. even if you pre-buy 3GB and only use 1GB in the monthly interval, you may lose the rest of your allowance.

Gordon

Reply to
Gordon Henderson

I have a Three SIM-only Data-only monthly-rolling contract. It's £5 a month for 2GB data and PAYG for calls.

At that price I don't care that I rarely use it - but I know I'll be able to make & receive calls and get 3G internet access when I really need to without having to think about topups.

Reply to
Reentrant

Or you can get the Three mobile SIM on Ebay for £4.50 - giving 1Gig over 30 days or the 3 Gig over 3 months for £14.

-- Mark BR

Reply to
Mark BR

the 3 site suggests that you need a 3 dongle to use their service - support for HSPA+. The dongles I have are only HSDPA.

I have three ZTE K3565-Z USB sticks from Vodafone NZ and a Huawei E160 from Virgin Mobile (unlocked).

Also, can't locate the Three contract mentioned above which sounds ideal.

Reply to
David WE Roberts