Magic eye on shredder

How about the possibility of a S/C triac/welded relay contacts?

Reply to
ian field

Peter Ashby inscribed thus:

Hi Peter,

Yes it was very definitely light falling on the LED. I encased the noise source and amplifier in a tin box and that cured it permanently. The whole thing ran from a 9 volt battery, so there couldn't be any PSU noise.

Reply to
Baron

bz inscribed thus:

You are right ! Actually it was a tin box, but same result !

Reply to
Baron

Martin Pentreath schrieb:

You could use any digital camera with a CCD sensor to look at the IR LED. The cam CCD picks up IR light and shows it as white light on the cam screen. Try it on your TV remote while pushing one of its buttons.

Then you can check if your shredder's IR LED is working.

Reply to
Andreas Apel

Fair enough.

Peter

Reply to
Peter Ashby

Every time I've had the issue; it was the emitter/sensor that failed; NOT the downstream triac/relay...

Reply to
David Lesher