Fingerless thin cotton gloves?

Hi All,

Any idea where I can get 'medium' sized thin cotton gloves from please (ideally fingerless)?

I don't need thousands but a pack of 10 might be ok (if not too expensive)?

If not fingerless would you know if the ends would fray too much if the fingers were cut off the gloves (or an easy / comfortable way of stopping them fraying without hemming each finger)?

Thought someone here might know a field / use where such things are standard?

I have considered cycling gloves but the ones I've seen so far are a bit 'chunky' ?

All the best ..

T i m

Reply to
T i m

You could ask your local museum where they get their gloves to handle objects.

They could fray but would it matter?

OK. Why do you want them?

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Camping shop,Sports shop.

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Hah! forgot to mention, an angling shop

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

You still haven't mentioned it. Which one did you have in mind?

Reply to
Chris Bacon

The nearest one to him. :-P

But a good angling tackle shop would be the prime source as thats where I purchased some a couple of years ago.

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

In factories they normally use ordinary ones and snip the fingers off. They don't seem to fray too much, and a bit of glue will stop that.

Reply to
EricP

How do I know?...

I used to manufacture them - until Johnny foreigner decided to manufacture and sell them for a bowl of rice.

Reply to
Part P

|The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote: |>

|> Camping shop,Sports shop. | |Hah! forgot to mention, an angling shop

Those are usually thinsulite, not cotton and have a mitten end flapping over fingers when necessary. Watch "Springwatch" on BBC2 the bloke in Shetland always wears them.

Reply to
Dave Fawthrop

I had thought of the museum connection (images from the TV of the curator handling valuable artifacts) but although our 'nearest' one is London (12 miles away) it will take a good day to get in there .. ;-(

Not really I suppose .. certainly if they did it slowly and were cheap ..?

It was actually a request / suggestion by my daughter. In the summer the excema on her hands flares up and she felt embarrassed for her fellow combatants in her Tai Quan Do club (wrist grabs etc).

She knows it's not contagious but just feels they might not like being touched so thought the gloves would offer some cover whilst not affecting what she was doing?

All the best ..

T i m

Reply to
T i m

Thin cheap cotton gloves are used to handle photo film, slides and such -- tray a photo shop?

Thomas Prufer

Reply to
Thomas Prufer

Thanks for all the thoughts / replies folks.

I had thought of sealing the cuts somehow but was sure what with. I didn't want a stiff edge or ridge?

I have 'local' fishing and sports shops and a good camping shop is only an email away so I'll give them all a try .. thanks ;-)

All the best ..

T i m

Reply to
T i m

I used to buy them in packs of 10 from my local engineers' suppliers. They are widely used for handling delicate components and you can even get them with a pattern of small rubbery pimples, to give improved grip.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
nightjar

Boots sell cotton gloves.

Paul

Reply to
Paul

==========================

Cicero

Bleached cotton stockinette, open cuff

gloves Ideal for use in precision or delicate work. Light duty white cotton gloves, with hemmed wrists and stitched fingers that adjust to hand size. They do not leave fluff, and protect against dirty finger marks.
search for product ref COB407

A *lot* more expensive from 'dermatological' suppliers

researchers gloves,, for handling archives
that's a fascinating site I shall explore more of later ...)

Owain

Reply to
Owain

==========================

Cicero

What a good idea - and how considerate of her. It wouldn't bother me but some people are rather over sensitive!

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

"nightjar .uk.com>"

Because of why Tim's daughter wants them that might be considered an unfair advantage :-)

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

COR!