Block Paving

I am about to lay some block paving, however i am not laying this up to any walls. Can i lay the first outer course with mortar and then lay the rest on sand.

Reply to
lee.knight728

for more than you ever needed to know on the subject.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Sounds sensible to me

The outer edges need to be held solid, a couple of inches of mortar laid on the ground won't do the job, it will move over time.

You can buy special edgeing strips to "nail" into the ground, or use simple angle iron and reinfocing rod as nails.

If you want to go the concrete/cement route I'd do a mini foundation to hold the edge, say 30cm x 30cm.

Rick

Reply to
Rick